Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday 20 June 2012

Week 6 of the L of Menteith boat league

Week 6 of the boat league has arrived and after catching 4 rainbows and two pike last week I was eager to get going again.
With my boat partner Peter on board we set off on another glorious night on the Lake of Menteith excited and full of anticipation with great expectations of catching loads of fish, "I should have known  better!"
Heading towards the Butts nearly half way there with the flotilla charging in the same direction we spotted a bow right in the middle of the Lake so we decided to hold up and see if we could get a checky we start to the proceedings, after 15/20 mins with sadly nothing to show we decided to reach out initial destination "the Butts" Although the evening was fine , slightly over cast, there were not the same numbers of fish showing as in previous weeks, we did a couple of  long drifts down to the bay but with no joy.
So we decided to go to Loch End, there was a slight breeze on the water, which helped get the line out however it was a slow start to the evening. It took a while but eventually my boat partner caught a very excitable bow arround the 2 lb mark, it was very vigerous and jumped clear of the water a number of times before eventually comming in and returned.
It was a good while later before Peter bagged his second, I new this was going to be another tough night, but carried on regardless, a few boats were catching but nothing like it was in previous weeks where you could see tight lines all over the place.
The light was starting to go and we had drifted back round to the Butts, I decided to have one last cast and as my flies hit the water I felt that familiar tug, fish on, with my heart in my mouth, not wanting to lose my fish at that stage I carfully played the bugger and got him in  "WHEW".
Although it was hard going Peter and I had a fun night and were very happy at both getting fish.
The winner that night won on the opening night so the prize of the £25.00 gift voucher for James Bayne fishing tackle went to 2nd place.   
Congratulations to Brian Mackenzie who won this week however the prise of the £25.00 James Bayne gift voucher goes to James Fairlie in second place.

0 comments: